Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Finished Sweater



Wow! We have been getting a lot of rain! Actually, several years ago, our area started with a drought. By last year, Texas was in a severe drought. In our town we couldn’t even wash our cars. Lawn watering was only allowed 2 days a week. There were wild fires all over too. It was common to be driving on a highway and see a black section where there had been a fire. We left our spray nozzles hooked to our hoses, to be ready. However, when God answers a prayer with a yes, He answers the prayer. Most of our lake levels are above normal state and we are even getting rain in June! Normally, rain doesn’t happen a lot in the summer months. I find myself thinking of the promise God made to Noah after the flood.

On the knitting front, I finished my circumnavigate sweater. It is a pattern written by Medrith Glover and published by Knitters Magazine back in 1989, I believe. It works well with handspun yarn, which is what I used for my sweater. The Dallas Handknitter’s Guild decided to use Medrith’s pattern as a group project last September. I joined along, even though I didn’t get to go to most of the meetings. Here you see my sweater, finished. The sweater is knitted from the bottom up and knitted in one piece. It has no seams to sew when done either. There are pockets knitted in on the front, which is what I put one of the sleeves into, trying to get it to show. It is a great sweater and next winter I know I will enjoy it.


.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Joanne, That's a BEAUTIFUL sweater. I hope you will share the pattern with me, or at least tell me more specifically what old magazine I can hunt down to find it!!! I have DREAMS (way off dreams) of knitting beautiful sweaters like yours with my handspun..... MaryBerry

Joanne said...

Thank you for your kind words! The Circumnavigate Sweater pattern was written by Medrith Glover and first printed in KNITTERS Magazine, Issue #10, Spring 1988. The pattern, for anyone interested, can be purchased through her now.

Miss Knotty said...

Way to go on your sweater - it looks beeeeutiful! I've cast off the bottom ribbing but am still working my way up the body to the sleeves.

Miss Knotty

Dana S. Whitney said...

Thanks for the link from DHKG news. I got "stuck" after Christmas with mine and have SO MANY wips I hardly know what to pick up first. Yours looks lovely, and I know I'll want mine in the fall! (I'm with you on the road runners too. We're too urban for those, but every once in a while there's a scissor-tailed flycatcher!