Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Bag

I have a great friend here, in Texas, who does LOTS of charity knitting. She has been knitting for our troops since the war began. She knits hats for them and before that she crocheted slippers for the navy soldiers. She wanted to knit more hats and faster, so she bought a knitting machine. Several years ago, when I asked her how many she had made, the total was about 475! She has continued to make these hats, at about 30 a month since. The yarn is supplied by her, on her fixed income. Not only that, but she knits for CIC and for an indian reservation in Montana, I believe. My friend just had a birthday and I wanted to do something for her, since she does for others all the time. Here is the beginning of a bag for her, that will be felted.
I am using my handspun yarns and it is my take of a pattern that was in Knitter's magazine. Stay tuned for the finish project!

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

That is so sweet of you to think of Joanne! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate it ;)

Love that prayer shawl pattern, too! Is that a pattern you are going to make available for sale?

Haven't heard from you in a while, so sending some hugs! Cary