Friday, November 16, 2007

A Wonderful Gift

Ok, Lil' D and JoJo have made their first appearance on the blog. They actually demanded that they should have their time on this blog. Who are Lil' D and JoJo? OH, they are my knitted(of course) dolls. My friend, Deb, who now lives in the cold and snowy state of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota, first made Lil' D. She made her for me after she moved from Texas to Minnesota. So, I would have company when I missed her. So, I then made JoJo, to be a little like me, notice she has gray hair. Heehee! Well, everyonce in a while they get to take field trips with me, but lately they have been sitting on the kitchen counter holding on dearly to the Hershey Chocolate can. They like chocolate. So, when they demanded their photo be on the blog, I thought OK, let's get you with the Hershey can. You can see them over in the margin.

In May Deb came to visit me for a couple of days. We had a great time yarn shopping, is there anything else, and driving all over north Texas to do it. When she arrived she gave me a fabulous handknitted, felted purse, that is fully lined. What a wonderful gift! Well, the girls have been telling me to get it onto the blog, so I said OK, and with your picture. They were so excited, they ran over to my restored antique spinning wheel, which hubby Jeff did for me, and they jumped on. They fell off several times too. Then they forgot to look at the camera and JoJo lost her clothes, she is so thin they don't stay up. Imagine that! So, here they are showing you my great purse, that I absolutely love. THANKS DEB!

2 comments:

Maria said...

very cute dolls! I knit some dolls from a book called "Knitted Babes". Right now I am making a doll sweater....Nice purse, too!!!

Deborah said...

Oh the girls look so cute on the wheel. Glad you like the purse. Hope you had a happy turkey day. I'm sitting here eating a piece of pecan pie.