Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shawl Patterns


Every once in a while, I have an idea for a pattern and the idea is an absolute challenge to complete. One of these ideas, is the Take 2 Shawl pattern. I started out making it a challenge to myself to see what I could do with about 128 yards of handspun bamboo yarn. I didn't take very good notes during this process, because, well I don't know why, I just didn't. But, when my spinning friends saw the shawl in person, they were sooooo excited with the design. So, I said, "Oh, sure, no problem. I will type it up." Hahaha. :)
When I started typing, I realized that I had taken horrible notes and basically started over again. The group was patient and waited nicely, as I struggled through the mess of notes. Finally, I had the pattern ready to go and off it went to my test knitters, while I made a third one. The test knitters had great suggestions for me, which I really do appreciate. However, one of the suggestions that kept coming up was, we need a longer one. So, finally, I listened to that suggestion(after I had heard it about 100 times) and Take 2 now has a longer version added to the pattern.

Two of my spinner friends, Kate and Cindy, offered to test knit this pattern. One of the test knits, done by Kate, is pictured here. Her shawl is the one with the pink shirt. The other shawl, Cindy's, isn't on here. I hope to get a picture of Cindy's and put it up. I have done the others that you see.
This bottom picture is the longer version of the Take 2.
The shorter version of the Take 2 uses 160 yards of worsted weight yarn and the longer version uses 436 yards. Just so you know.
This pattern can be found at
By the way, thanks
to
Rebekah, for helping me with the directions for placing a link on here.


2 comments:

Deborah said...

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU for my gifts! They'll go with me to class today. The shawl is adorable and is the perfect size for me. Everybody will get a kick out of the color. When I go through the drive-through at Starbucks they always know my car! Wait until they see what I wear today. The shirt looks great. I love that the design is still around. I'll be teaching drop-spindling soon at the shop! I'm excited about that. Love, D

Deborah said...

The little green shawl is absolutely beautiful and the size is perfect. It stays on my shoulders without slipping off. Great design, Joanne!