Friday, April 11, 2008

Weather!

Well, we are never quite sure what our weather, in north Texas will be doing from one moment to another. Wednesday, April 9, we were put under tornado watches and severe thunderstorm warnings, with high wind advisories. Then they added the tornado warnings. It is safe to say that the majority of us were walking around very tired on Thursday morning! The storms went on most of the night and in our neck of the woods, it went on in the early morning, with the worst part about 3 am, Thursday. It was over, though, when it became time to walk, so the gals and I went for our walk. When we turned the corner we saw that there was a problem at the horse barns.

(At 7am, the men were not there, as in the picture. I took the picture later, on the way to the knitting group at Delightful Hands in Celina.) As we walked closer we realized that the roof was blown off of one of the barns. The roof that you see in the tree, was off the barn nearer the truck.
At the time we walked by, we counted 5 horses. They all looked OK, we went up and checked to make sure there weren't any more horses in the barns. Another neighbor came up, they were thinking that there should be 6 horses. Don't know. So, a call was made to the horse owner to check. The good news is, that today there were the 6 horses in the pasture and all looked in good shape. :)
















So, I went to Celina, to Delightful Hands and had a great time at the knitting group. We are doing a block of the month afghan. So far, I have January and February done. I have started March and purchased the yarn for April and May. I will catch up, I promise. Oh, and I will get some pics of the squares up here too. If you live around here, north Texas, you would enjoy the knitting group! It meets at 10am on Thursday mornings.
Upon arriving home, as I was going up the front steps, I noticed a green circle in the middle of the step. It was a turtle! A tiny turtle, looking like the kind we would get as kids. If you grew up in the 60's you will remember having turtles as pets. This little guy let me walk past and didn't move. So, I got out the camera and took his picture. Here he is.

I haven't seen him since, I hope he is OK.



3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, I have to admit I don't miss staying up listening to the weather radio. Ugh! Glad you're safe. We had thunder and lightning briefly during a snowstorm last week. That was very strange...

Joanne said...

During our "big" snow, that I posted about, we had thunder. It is a wild phenomena if you ask me. :) You are right, strange......

Rebekah said...

Awww, look at the cute little turtle :)

All I have to say about the weather last week is I have never heard a downpour of hail like that in all the years I've lived here or anywhere else. Sheesh.