Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finished Hand Knit Socks

These are my latest finished project. I made these socks at the same time. You no longer have to knit socks on 4 or 5 double pointed needles, like our Moms and Grandmothers did, or actually like I used to do. Knitting needle manufacturers now make pretty long circular needles, so that you can use one of those, in a magic loop technique, to knit socks. That is what I did with these socks. To confuse the issue more, I started at the toe and worked up to the ankle and worked on both socks at the same time on the same needle. When you work on them at the same time, like that, you also get them both done.

Last fall I had attended a spinning retreat in Louisiana. I dyed the yarn in one of the workshops that I took. The workshop was great and I learned a lot about dying spaced dyed yarns.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

WOW! You've been a busy girl! I'm glad you like the gifts. That's why I didn't see a post for some time. Looks like N and C will be the first Knitted Babes.

wm said...

I had no idea you could knit two socks at the same time.