Friday, July 11, 2008

Baby Shower


Well, my needles have been at work again this week. I am going to the Denton Spinners meeting this Sunday afternoon and we will be having a baby shower. Two of our members have brand new baby boys. In thinking about what to make for them, I thought about a teddy bear. I used to have a cute pattern, but couldn't find it. Who knows where I put the thing. I only have 1 filing cabinet with patterns in it. They are arranged in file folders, so I can find my patterns easily. ha.

Not this time. Couldn't find it anywhere. It'll turn up now, that I came up with my own pattern and made these adorable(I think) cute little bears. I used cotton yarn for them. To give you a size perspective, I have them next to a blue quart size canning jar.
On the weather side, it is hot. Today we have a breeze, at least.
I have planted a bunch of plants in pots this year. One of my plants is/was oregano. I don't know what I did to it, but one day it was fine and the next it was dead. : I know it isn't the heat, cause I had it in the ground at our other home and it grew and grew. It was in this pot last year, and made it through the summer. Oh, well. I will have to get some more. My spinach is doing wonderfully and it tastes good on sandwiches and in salads.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi,
I've been trying to post comments, but no luck--I'll have to e-mail you if this doesn't work...CUTE BEARS! They would make nice traveling companions! It's hot here. I'm in the dark with a soda pop looking at my UFOs.

Baby Shower said...

Those teddy bears are so cute. Bears are the perfect for boys at a baby shower.