Monday, April 6, 2009

Fire Ants

Well, with that title, my family will cringe. No, I didn't get any fire ant bites, just so you know. (They are a real difficulty with my system). Anyway, on Saturday, 4/4, I went to Home Depot to get some plants and good stuff for the dirt. We have a clay soil here, actually we have a copper brown, rocky clay, soil here. It is a REAL treat to work with, I am being very sarcastic. Back to the Home Depot. When I drove up to the store, I sat there wishing I had a camera phone so that I could take a picture. In front of the store was a giant blow up fire ant! No kidding. When I say giant, I mean taller than the store giant. It was put there by Ortho Max, fire ant killer. Well, I purchased my items and left, still kicking myself that I don't take my camera with me to get pics like that. I miss so many opportunities. So, I thought, you know, I can come by here on Sunday and get a picture then. So, early on Sunday morning, we drove by with my camera, and no fire ant. I am not sure if the high winds that we were having, kept the store from blowing up the unsightly creature, or maybe it scared some children away on Saturday, so they took it down. OR maybe it moved to another unsuspecting community. Be on the watch, the giant fire ant blow up balloon may be coming to a Home Depot near you. Oh, I passed a second Home Depot on the way to work today, and they don't have it either......... and I had my camera.......
Now onto a cuter topic. I have been knitting some bunnies. Aren't they cute? I purchased the pattern from a gal on etsy. They are called Patchwork Bunnies. Each one has 5 different colors and they have unique personalities. My granddaughters will get the pleasure of naming them, since they will be caring for them now.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Your bunnies are adorable!
I think that giant fire ant would have scared me too!

Unknown said...

Your bunnies are easier to care for than Mary's are! The girls will love them! They really are cute!

I would have loved to see the fire ant. I'll keep an eye out...

Deborah said...

Love the bunnies!! Thanks for the call last night. Fire ants--eeek! I learned the hard way when we moved to Alabama...I didn't go barefoot to get the mail after I stepped on them. They surely weren't OHIO ants!!

Deborah said...

I hate fireants. I love your bunnies though.

Have you seen the Fireant Song by Tim Hawkins? It is SO funny. If you are on Facebook, he has posted a video of it there.