Thursday, April 9, 2009

Knitting during rough times

Many of you know that I have a shop on etsy, called Terrific Creations. Well, I am on a team there, called the etsy knitters team. One of our wonderful leaders is a Dane, living in Italy. Her daughter was close enough to feel some tremors of that awful earthquake earlier this week and apparently now, my knitter friend has felt some tremors herself. She sent this link for an article. I clipped out a portion of the article that interested me the most, and it is below. Of course, it is about knitting AND an 98 year old lady.

Another of those rescued today was Maria D’Antuono, 98, who said that she had spent 30 hours knitting as she waited to be freed from her ruined home. "I worked, I knitted," said Mrs D'Antuono, from the village of Tempera, close to L'Aquila. The redoubtable nonagenarian told rescuers that she was in good health when she was found this morning, according to Sky TG24.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people over there and they have lost so much.

No comments: