Sunday, May 4, 2008

We Saw a Great Play!

Wow! Two weeks have gone by since I last posted. Where does the time go? This past Friday night, we went to our oldest granddaughter's play. It was a lot of fun and she did a good job. The library in their town, likes to put on plays. The children who come to the library are the actors, if they want to participate. The play was about how one boy thinks the library is a boring place to be and wants the other kids to hurry and get their books, so they can go play. Through a series of events, like losing electricity and searching for what is making the strange noises and leaving strange things around the library, the boy and all the other children learn that the library is fun.
It was a cute play and Nicole did a fantastic job!

Along the project line, I have made a woven scarf! A couple of years ago, I received an Ashford Knitters' Loom, which I sell on http://www.terrificfibers.com/ for a present from my hubby. I was so excited, as it was new on the market and I hadn't purchased it yet for my shop. So, I warped it up very quickly and the job WAS really easy to do. The pictures and directions were great! Well, then we decided to buy our store, and then we went away to train to run the store, then we came home and have been busy working in the store and OH Yeah, we moved....... Well, I finally decided that I should finish this scarf and I did. I used commercially made yarn, Ashford Tekapo, for the warp and my handspun, dyed with koolaid, for the weft. The handspun fiber came from a Jacob Sheep. They are so named, as they are spotted sheep and legend has it that they decended from Jacob's flock, in the Old Testament. My friend, Cindy, owns some Jacob sheep and this fiber came from her.


No comments: