Monday, June 23, 2008

Acton is Finished!

This past Saturday, we had a SHOW-N-TELL day at the UPS Store. It was a lot of fun. I set up a table of my for-sale items so that people could see what I do. Other mailbox customers in the store were able to come by and see what I had. It was our first one and we will try it again, to see if we can get more traffic. Several of my spinning friends attended, and set up tables with their for-sale items and then some other friends came and spun with me. We had a great time and as the sun came over the building and it became hot out, we packed up and left.
You can see my table in the top picture and my Ashford Traveller. I was spinning bamboo on Saturday, that I sell. It is a wonderful blue color. Hanging on the front of my table are some finished objects that I have listed on etsy. Then on the back of the table are kits for handknitting my patterns. The kits include a pattern that I wrote and the yarn to make it. Some of the yarn is handspun and some of it is Ashford Tekapo yarn.
The second picture is Acton. It is a Berroco pattern. I did find a couple of
errors in the pattern, but all in all I think the cardigan came out cute!
It is an adult size 34, cropped cardigan. Just right for summer to cover a tank top or spaghetti strap top, if you need a cover up for air conditioning.
You can see this top at Delightful Hands in Celina, TX, after Tuesday this week. Sherry carries the pattern and the yarn for the project too.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun. I must say that I love the Topsy Turvy Shawl pattern you designed. I am currently knitting one for my Grandmother, who I will be seeing in the coming week. I also purchased yarn to make myself one. Next is the Acton. I will get that yarn and pattern this week at Delightful Hands. I hope to see you sometime soon. We are going on vacation until the 20th of July but hopefully I'll run into you soon.

Joanne said...

I have missed seeing you at the shop! Hope to get back there soon.
Glad you are enjoying the Topsy Turvey Pattern.