Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Girls' Recital

I really enjoy being a Gramma! When our girls were younger and in dance, I was the backstage Mom almost every year, if not every year. I watched them dance from the side. I was able to see them, but I didn't realize what I missed, by not getting to watch from the audience. Five years ago, I watched my first recital from the front. It was Nicole's first recital and Gramma's aren't usually asked to be stage Mom's. :) Then a couple of years ago, Rebekah started dancing again and now I get to see her from the audience too. OH, NO, what if they find out, my daughter is dancing. Will I have to pull backstage Mom duty again. Aaack! Heehee.
Nicole in white in one of her dances.
Claire on the left in her pink and green tutu.
Young dancers are usually looking off to the side to see their teacher's directions.
Nicole holding her 5 year trophy! Congratulations Nicole!
Claire after the recital, with her yellow rose and new pink purse.
As always, we enjoyed the recital and watching them perform after a long year of practice.
A job well done girls!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

You have dancing girls again Joanne! I still remember that twirling story Peggy told us.
Cute! Did Bekka make the costumes?

Joanne said...

No, she didn't make these costumes. She did make some, nightgowns, for another dance though.

Rebekah said...

Oh my, I would never dream of sewing tutus - what a nightmare with the sequins and the netting and the stretchy stuff - oy!