Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Painting, again.

One thing about purchasing a fixer-upper home, is you are always busy fixing and upping it. This is the before picture of our hallway, upstairs. If you look closely, you will see in the background a giant gray pail, yep it is paint. We new we would need a lot. You see, the previous owners painted the front hallway BROWN. I am sorry, but for me, milk chocolate brown is not my idea for a hall. It is the same color as the outside of the house. I figure they had some paint left over from painting the outside, meters, windows, bug nests and all, and said, "Oh, let's paint the hallway with it!" So, they did. It takes a good three coats to cover this brown. We have progressed and have the three coats on and we are now ready to start the trim. When it is all done, I will post a finished picture.

On the knitting front. Some of my patterns come out of frustrations that I am having. This one, that is newly finished, is one of those. It is probably the craziest one, I have ever done, but I really like it. It is a duster! The idea came to me while I was dusting at our UPS Store. It is really a great duster, too. I had to show it. The pattern will be for sale in the next couple of weeks, in my etsy shop.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

LOL @ fixing & upping it :D

Just think, if you didn't have all the house projects to keep you busy, you'd be bored. (ok, maybe not!)

Joanne said...

Me? Bored? Too many dusters to knit. Heehee!

Deborah said...

Love the duster. Glad you're getting to paint. Milk chocolate belongs in the tummy, not on the walls!