Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Last Projects

Well, here is a snow tree. I know that is pretty silly, but living in TX, and having grown up and then lived alot of my adult life in frigid and snowfilled climates, I do miss snow. Of course, this year many folks, all over the USA, are saying, "You can have it! It is only December and we have had more than our share." Well, we probably won't get any snow that sticks around for more than a day, and the most we have had, since living in TX is 5 inches at a time. But, since we don't have snow plows and most don't own a snow shovel or even know what one is, 5 inches can pretty well stop the community from functioning. So..., I decided to turn a small 3 foot Christmas tree into a snow tree. The snowflakes are hand crocheted by my daughter Rebekah and me. Then, of course, there is a snowman on the top. As for lights, there is a strand of lighthouse lights. You see, I have a fetish for lighthouses too. :)

In front of the tree stands a grand ginger bread boy, that is hand knitted and he has peppermint buttons and a great scarf. He is one of my last Christmas projects. Also, there is a red mitten, size 2-4 on the tree, and the beginnings of the second. The mittens will be done by Christmas day.

The stocking is hand knit and felted, by my mom's work. Isn't it beautiful??

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the photo. The stocking looks nice. The G-bread boy is cuuute! Remember my first? Ben had him in the GI Joe tank with a machine gun and we dubbed him "Cookie with an attitude!"
The snowflakes are so pretty I'll have to take a photo of my little tree. The dolly you made me is at the top.
Merry Christmas!!! Love, D

Deborah said...

I love your snow tree. We get less snow than you down here in southern Alabama, but I like the kind you have. Crocheted and Knitted!

Deborah said...

Thank Ewe so much for the lovely collar! The color is great and will go with my coats and jackets. It's adorable! Merry Christmas!