Friday, January 2, 2009

Anna's Shawl

Well, Christmas has come and gone and so has New Years, for that matter. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

In our home we go straight from Christmas to a string of birthdays, with the first being Anna's on Dec 27. I try to make items for people's birthdays, so I am not so crunched at Christmas, but of course, with so many birthdays being between Dec and February, I am kind of crunched anyway. But, it is OK and I love to knit, so we muddle through somehow. LOL!

Sometimes my knitting comes from a pattern already written and then sometimes the pattern I use is my newest design. Which is Anna's Shawl? A new design. She asked for a black shawl and I must say, she put it in a way, that didn't put any pressure on me. She just asked that if I wanted to make her something sometime, she would like a black shawl. Yipppeeeee! I had a shawl idea in my head, but hadn't taken the time to start making it. Most of the time when I am designing something new, I make it at least twice, sometimes, 3 or 4 times. So far this shawl has been 2 times. I used the Ashford Tekapo yarn. It is such a great yarn to use.

5 comments:

Susanne said...

The shawl is very pretty. I love your patterns. They are simple to follow and result in such beautiful work. Hope to see you sometime.

Susanne said...

The shawl is very pretty. I love your patterns. They are simple to follow and result in such beautiful work. Hope to see you sometime.

Deborah said...

Very beautiful shawl.

Deborah said...

It's beautiful! I've been wearing my new collar!

Laurie McIntyre said...

Joanne, it is GORGEOUS! I mean it!