Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Brown Paint is GONE!



I am pleased to introduce to you, the newly painted hallway. Many folks know that we moved into a fixer upper. It is a great house, with LOTS of potential, as my friend Liz pointed out. She was right too. It is with great excitement that I can say the brown paint is gone. Yippee!


Yes, in the top picture you are seeing in the background a 5 gallon bucket of paint. I know, it is just a hallway, but this color takes at least 3 coats
of paint to cover it up. So, we wanted to have enough. Below there are two
pictures of the after, one with the hall light on and one without it.


This is the entry, what you see when you open the front door. Over to the left is the railing in the picture above. Jeff, my fantastic remodeling husband, pulled out that panelling you are looking at
and put up wall board in its place. Then he textured the wall and painted it, using a great ragging technique. (I get to paint the fun parts, the plain walls and trim, heehee!)
He also, put in moulding on the ceiling and floor.
I am excited to see how wonderful it looks now.
Hope you like it too. When putting everything back decided to move the mirror.






3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh, it looks so nice! It's beginning to look more like your home!!! I love the wheel. It's so much work but your making it your own, which is worth it. It's a great house in a fantastic location.

FiberGeek said...

Wow Joanne, It looks so much better! I know you are loving it.

Rebekah said...

sighs of relief as the brown disappears :) Thank goodness paint is an easy fix!