Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stash Busted!

One of the topics that is discussed amongst knitters(and spinners) is your stash. Most of us keep it hidden in a closet or room, at least behind closed doors. That way your family cannot see that you have an addiction. :) You can get away with purchasing more and more and stuffing your boxes with more and more. You may even have to start jumping on top of your boxes to keep fitting it all in, but you will succeed. Of course, there are yarns that are too delicate to jump on, so those get displayed in a basket and you dream of using those, some day...........
When I moved, over a year ago, I had taken yarns to different places to give away. That way, I wouldn't have to admit to some of my stash. I still had several plastic boxes to move, though. It was amazing. I kept telling myself, "Oh, you don't have that much. You have to save it for making shawls." Some of it is fuzzy, some silky, some bumpy and lots of colors. The other day, I saw my friend Laurie's shawl and she shared with me how she did it. So, I decided it was a great idea. Home I went and dug out my boxes and then the sorting started. It is safe to say, that I have to walk over the yarn to move around the den. Heehee!
Luckily, I am blessed with a great husband, who came downstairs and laughed at all this. What he doesn't know, is that this is just some of the stash. Or maybe he does, he helped move it and come to think of it, he was the one who suggested I come clean and take pictures of this work of art on the floor. But, you know, he did call it a work of art. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should go and get some more work of arts?????
Well, not today.
The pictures are of the same stash, just from different angles. The top one, I am on the floor and the bottom one, I am on the step stool. I thought they looked like they were worshipping Crayon, the Kiwi Spinning wheel, that made me laugh.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am really laughing here, at the yarn worshipping the wheel :D

Stash-building = a skill you can pass on to your children (and did!)

Laurie McIntyre said...

Mmmmmmm, verrrry niiiiiice, Joanne. Makes me want to dump some of mine out on the floor just for fun! (now that Corey is gone)