Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Yarn

Well, I mentioned in my last post that I was able to go yarn shopping while in Austin. Here are some of my yarns. Five of the skeins are Noro Kureyon and the other skein is from Lorna's Laces. Not until I arrived home and arranged them for the picture did I crack up laughing, all are basically the same colorways. I purchased the Lorna's laces on a different day and at a different store than the Noro. The Lorna's laces skein is slated for a shoulder shawl and the balls of Noro are slated for felted purses.

Yesterday, I went out to Ravelry. For those that don't know, Ravelry is an internet place set up for knitters and crocheters. You have to join, which is super easy, and then they give you a place to post pictures of finished projects. Also, there are different groups set up, so you can click on your favorite group and see what folks are posting. Well, in reading around yesterday, I discovered that they are having a Ravelympics during the Beijing Olympics. So, I signed up. The idea is to start and finish a project(or more) during the Olympics time. One of the events that I decided to participate in is the Bag-n-Tote Backstroke. I will be knitting a felted bag using the Noro and some Ashford Tekapo. The other event that I am planning to participate in is The Shawl Relay. I will be knitting a shawl, for that one.

My Diamond shawl pattern is just about ready to be put up for sale. I am working on the final details now. I also have another shawl ready to go. When listed they will be on my etsy site.
www.TerrificCreations.etsy.com

No comments: