Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics

What you ask is the Ravelympics?? Well, Ravelry hosts thousands of knitters and crocheters and give us all a place to post our finished items and works in progress, amongst other things. There are groups to sign up in and you can post to others around the world about your hobbies and interests.

Soooooo... with the Olympics at hand they have an Olympic Competition of sorts. It is called Ravelympics. I joined the group. What your goal is, is to cast on during the opening ceremonies and be done before or during the closing ceremonies. I joined team Texas, can you tell??

Then like an Olympic athlete, you take part in events.
For my events, I am in the Bag and Tote Backstroke and the Shawl Relay.(Cute, huh?)

I have started the Vintage Bubble Bag and here is the photo for it. The Shawl is started, but I don't have a picture of it yet. I will get it up in a day or two.


2 comments:

Deborah said...

The bubble is a cute bag--is it for you? I'm so relieved to finish the Lopi Cardigan!
I've been knitting like a fiend for the Ravelympics. I'm in the thick of Kori squares for the Vest Vault and Baba's Bed Socks for the Sock Put.

Joanne said...

Thanks! Yes, the bag is for me! I have the bag knitted now and need to do the handles now.