Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sonnet

I haven't posted much of my knitting lately. I am busily working on designing and writing two patterns right now. They are both written and they are in the final stages of editing/test knitting. While that is going on, I am taking a bit of a break and knitting for myself and my family.

For myself, I am knitting a Sonnet. Sonnet is a great design found on Knitty.com and written by Kristi Porter. She also has a baby pattern called Haiku which is the child size of the Sonnet. You can use any yarn for any size. Kristi gives you the directions to figure out the number of stitches you need to cast on and how far to knit. The sweater is knit sideways, starting at the left front and knitting around to the right front.

I am using my handspun. The yarn was spun from Ashland Bay Merino and it is a bulky weight 2 ply. It is are very soft yarn and the color is a purple. The sleeves are started and will be done soon, hopefully before it gets to warm to wear it down here in TX.

Ahhh, weather. When I last posted we had ice. We are having an absolutely gorgeous day today. No need for a jacket even. Amazing! We do get these days during our winter and really do enjoy them. By the end of this coming week, I think winter will return.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Very nice. The shape right now reminds me of the clock vest. Can't wait to see it finished!

Deborah said...

What a pretty sweater!