Friday, March 20, 2009

Anna's Shawl Pattern is ready!

When I write a pattern, it can sometimes be what seems like a slow process, especially if you are waiting for me to finish it, so you can make it. However, that is because I try very hard, to get it right for those who wish to purchase it and knit it. First, I sketch it out and write down the ideas and goals for the design. Then, I write it as I knit a proto-type. After that, I type it up. Next I will knit it again, a few weeks later. That way I sort of forget what I did, so I have to read the pattern. :) Then there are corrections that need to be made. After that, I find some test knitters to help me out. They knit the item and let me know where I should fix certain wordings or math issues. I think I have some of the BEST test knitters out there. Kate and Liz test knitted Anna's Shawl. Their shawls are absolutely fabulous! Pictured here is Kate's blue shawl and Liz's green shawl. Mine is the black one.

You can find this pattern for sale at www.TerrificCreations.etsy.com or on Ravelry, listed as Anna's Shawl.



4 comments:

Deborah said...

Hurrah! It's beautiful! Did you get the pattern link in Ravelry?

Deborah said...

Very pretty!

Rebekah said...

That is really lovely, Mom.

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Looks like another winner, Joanne!