Monday, March 30, 2009

Once Upon a Time...There Was A Vest?


Once upon a time, there was a magazine that had a wonderful vest pattern in it. So, I thought, I might make that vest someday and ripped the pattern out.

Once upon a time there was a pretty cone of cotton yarn, that said, BUY ME. So, I bought it and thought, I will make a vest out of it, one day.

Two weeks ago I put the two together and started my vest. I did a large gauge swatch and I even met gauge! So, I cast on and started knitting. The yarn was working up so pretty and nice, and looking good in the vest pattern. Then I double checked my gauge, Oh, no!!!!! The gauge was now too big and the yarn although pretty, was making too heavy/thick a vest to be worn in TX in the summer!


So, once upon a time there was a vest, that became a cone of yarn, again. It is lonely as can be, but maybe one day, it may become another vest.

The pattern?? Well, it is filed away, until another yarn comes along..............

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh crud! I think the knitting faeries that visited me came to your place at night, too!

Joanne said...

Me, too! I tried to send them back to MN, but they were having too much fun with my vest.

Deborah said...

That pattern looks so pretty. I hope you find the right yarn for it.