Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dyed Roving Etc.


When we last met, I was telling you about the roving I dyed
at the Fancy Fibers Retreat. Since I love blue, I wanted to use mostly blue. The picture in my last entry had it hanging still chained and wet.
Here it is pulled out of the chain and laying on a blanket on my floor. I cannot wait to spin this into yarn and see what I will have with the next step. I have one pound dyed, so I have enough for a great project.
The red and orange roving was done by Liz, our fearless leader and teacher! She stepped in to teach at the last minute, when the gal who had hoped to teach became ill.
Liz was a great teacher and I think everyone loved the class.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow! Those are so pretty!

Deborah said...

Gasp~soooo pretty! I spun and plied all the gray over the weekend. I stopped at the little shop in Hinkley and she had a jumbo flyer and bobbin for Louie!!! AND they were 20% off! It made the plying so much easier.

Rebekah said...

It's pretty, but I'll have to wait to see it spun up to really visualize how it will look when it's then made into a real object/garment :)