Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas


Well, I spent the better part of the last few weeks, working at the store. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I loved being able to wish our customers a Merry Christmas and feeding them cookies! When I wasn't there working, I was either baking or knitting gifts. I actually tried my hand at making Baklava this year. I learned a lot and it turned out pretty good for my first try. Well, we think so anyway. The jury is still out on it, as several neighbors received some. I also made the butterscotch cookies that Martha Stewart has on her website. They were wonderful. I will be making them again. Then there are the ginger snaps, that were my Mom's recipe. Yummmmm! Thanks Mom! There were sugar cookies and brownies too. Why did I bake so much? OH, well it has been my thing to make up plates of cookies for neighbors and then Jeff takes them to the neighbors. It is a great way to meet neighbors and get to talk to them. Also, in our new neighborhood, we have been truly blessed with some of the BEST neighbors ever. They are great and they also bring us treats! Last Christmas when we were still in the throws of moving in, several of them helped unload the truck and then brought us treats too!

Well, the knitting is done, the wrapping is done, the baking is done, the laundry is done(well almost done) and the stockings are hung by the chimney with care. What to do now. Hmmm. I have several projects to work on now. I need to start weaving on a scarf, that I promised Jeff, years ago. The loom was warped, way back then. Of course, we bought a store and then moved, so it went to the back shelf. I am knitting a sheep, yep, a sheep. The pattern is from Knit.1 magazine. I have a shawl to get started, a pi shawl to finish, AND I have 5 skeins of NORO that I am still trying to figure out what to do with. Hmm. Any suggestions?
Merry Christmas to all! I thank God for the greatest gift of all, His Son.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yummy! I bake a lot of cookies for Christmas, too! I also like to make caramels to give away. Sounds like you are all set!

Deborah said...

Hi!! Thanks for the gifts. Lightning McQueen is right here in front of me. ben said I need to put the patch on one of my knitting bags! Love the wristlets!! I'd just seen some recently and thought they were cool! Now I have my own!!
Do you have IK's Folk Vests? The short Japanese vest might be a good choice for that Noro...