Sunday, December 16, 2007

More Christmas Knitting


Wow! Time is flying by. It has been a while since my last post. But, I have been knitting daily. :) Never fear. I have finished the mittens to go with the hats and have even embellished the hats! I tried to do fairisle knitting for the mittens, so they would be warmer, have two layers of yarn, but it didn't really work. So, I frogged the sample and went down several needle sizes and just knit them tighter. Not too tight, though, cause I wanted them to be able to bend their hands.

A couple of weeks ago, I drove over to Bek's home, to have a hair cut. At lunch, C prayed for Gramma and her Dad to have safe trips home. Wow! When I left their home, I stopped at the store and coming out from the store discovered a nail in my tire. So, I looked at it and thought, well, the tire isn't flat and I don't hear air escaping. I figured I had a good chance of making it to my favorite Discount Tire store. I did! They are so nice in there, let me tell you. They fixed my tire and did it for free. Oh, you are probably thinking, "Sure they did, you bought your tires there." Nope, I didn't. This is the second time, in the last 2 months, they have fixed my tires for free. When I asked, why, they said, please come back and see us, when you need tires for your car. You bet I will. They have a really nice and CLEAN waiting room, where I felt comfortable knitting on my project each time I was there.

So, if you have a Discount Tire shop near you, try it. You might like it. :)

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Don't worry, I won't show the girls this post, so they will still be surprised on Christmas :)

Glad you made it home safely that day!