Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A New Ashford Kiwi!

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, the sounds that were heard, above the Christmas music playing, were some hammers tapping, some drills lightly drilling and some sandpaper sanding. Not having a basement, cause we live in Texas, home of tornadoes and no basements, I came home from walking and what did I see? I saw an old purple quilt hanging on chairs as Jeff was behind there making these noises. LOL!
Eventually, the blanket came down and a large box stood in its place and hubby decided to take a break. Hmm, said I, "I could go there and peek." But, no, I didn't 'cause I like the surprise. On Christmas morn I rushed down the stairs and we opened the gifts, saving the largest for last. There before me, was a new Ashford wheel. Jeff had conspired with my SIL, Cathy, and they had come up with a new design for another Ashford Kiwi! Look at this wheel, it is absolutely gorgeous. Cathy, who is in New York, by the way, did the painting and Jeff did the building.
For those who know wheels, that is the jumbo bobbin set up on it. So, I can spin fat yarns, to knit with. I had that kit here, to put on another Kiwi, but hadn't finished it. So, on Christmas morning, Jeff finished it(ain't he great?!) and now it is on the new Kiwi. OH, and this Kiwi is christened Cathy. :) In honor of my SIL who put in countless hours doing this for me. The backside of the wheel is painted too. So, if you are ever around the Texas Twisters and we are spinning, you will see gorgeous scenery facing you.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Well now, that is certainly the most bedecked spinning wheel I have ever seen :)

Donna B said...

that is the prettiest thing! What a lovely surprise for Christmas morning!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous wheel! You need to share with the gals on the list! :o)

UniquelymeNana said...

I love the way your wheel is painted. I name my wheel too! Her name is Erlina which means Noble Woman. Do you name your cars too? I do usually my granddaughter gets that honor. Beautiful job!!