Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Love To Felt


I really enjoy knitting something with wool yarn and then putting it into the washing machine on a long wash cycle. The item will felt or full. It is a lot of fun to see the transformation take place. I am not quite sure, what it is about felting, but it is addicting! You can't just do it once. These are slippers that I made for Nicole. Notice how big they are, by realizing that is a regular pen between them. This is their before washing machine look.
Below, is how they look when done and on her feet. The pink ones are Claire's. She is modeling hers.
The pattern I used is by Fiber Trends and is called Felted Ballerina slippers. The blue slippers are in Ashford Tekapo yarn and the pink ones are in Plymouth Galway yarn. I did put a no-skid bottom on them, by using silicone caulking sealant. I even purchased my own caulking gun, so I didn't lose someone elses. :) I think he is glad I did that, cause he is always looking for his framing square. LOL!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

So cute! I like the embellishments. Thank you so much for the Valentine's CHOCOLATE--Ben's on taper until the end of the season, so sweets are not in the house right now. MY OWN STASH!