Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Lunar Eclipse


Earlier this week, we had a lunar eclipse. Usually, we don't get to see them, as it gets cloudy and then you are out of luck. Well, this week, it was cloudy, but we kept watching to see IF we would get to see it. Well, the clouds did part for just the time of the eclipse AND I was able to get a picture of it. If you look close you can see the outline of the moon, amongst our tree branches. I tried moving out from under the trees and I couldn't get the camera to focus on anything. I am guessing that it happened, cause the moon was so far away. In this photo, it focused, on the tree branches and hence I have the moon in the background.
It was really fascinating to see. To think that the earth was in the middle with the sun on one side and the moon on the other. And the earth(or us) was blocking the sun from shining on the moon. So, in effect what we are seeing is the outline of the earth on the moon. God is great! He knew what He was doing. :)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow! That is so beautiful, I can't believe I missed it!!! Great photo! Thanks for visiting my blog!!!

Deborah said...

I was able to watch it from our bedroom window. We had a wonderful, clear sky that night. Glad you liked the book!