Friday, February 1, 2008

Beka's Sweater

More knitting to show you! I have finished Beka's sweater, in her favorite color, green. I was trying to make a sweater for her to be able to wear to her dance class and stay warm. Hope I succeeded. I used the Ashford Tekapo yarn for it, so it is warm. The pattern was out of
Vogue Knitting, the spring/summer 2006 issue. The edging is actually crocheted on there. I dug out my crochet hooks, but had to use a hook 2 sizes smaller. I love crocheting, but hadn't done it in a while, so it was fun to make a bit of lace on the sweater using the crochet stitches.
I have worked a couple of days this week at the store and then had to be here at the house for a furnace repair man. He thought it was fixed on Monday and then he thought it was fixed on Wednesday, but on Thursday he was absolutely sure it was fixed. Since the weather has turned REALLY cold(for TX), I hope it is. Seems to be. No more banging and we do have some heat coming out of it. In the morning, I check the temperature, so I can hopefully dress right for the 2.5 mile walk my neighbors and I do. It was 17 F outside this morning! Thankfully, there wasn't alot of wind.
While waiting around for the repair man, I did get more knitting done. Surprised? I also, worked on dehairing a small bag of llama hair that I had received a while back. I am not even half way done with that. A little at a time. I think I was nuts, I knew better than to take the bag, sure am glad it is only a grocery size sack. Thanks though, to Jessica, for showing us how to dehair fiber! Oh, if you are not a fiber person, the hair needs to be pulled out, or the yarn I make will feel like jute rope.

1 comment:

Donna B said...

That is a pretty, pretty sweater! Love it.