Sunday, February 3, 2008

Koolhaas Hat

One thing that is great about being a knitter, is having friends who knit. :) One such friend, Kate, had a ball of Noro yarn just sitting around, calling out to be a hat. So, Kate knitted a hat and surprised me with it on my birthday! It was truly a wonderful surprise and I absolutely love it. It is soft and warm and the colors are fabulous. I love the way Noro yarn stripes as you use it. I actually don't have anything else made from Noro yarn. If you look closely at the hat, you will see that it has a small texture design around it, all the way through the hat. The pattern for the hat is named Koolhaas Hat and it is from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts Issue. Below you can see how the yarn works through the top of the hat. Gorgeous! Thanks Kate!
Also in the picture, to the left of the hat, is another snowman decoration. Can you see him in the canning jar?? He is standing in snow, with a tree next to him, holding onto a shovel. Embroidered on his front is "Let it snow." This was made by Cathy, yep, the same talented person who painted my Kiwi.
It is warm out today, we didn't need to wear coats this morning. I did wear my wool sweater though.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Happy birthday, Joanne...Your gift will have to come after swim season, which is ALMOST done! Cute hat, by the way.