Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Front Hallway

When we moved into the House in the Woods last year, we knew we would have to do a lot of painting and remodeling. We do these projects ourselves, well mainly hubby does them and I help, so it takes a while. But, when we are done we have a quality job.

Yes, what you are seeing is brown paint on the walls AND yes, the paneling does clash with it. This is or was the view you see when you enter the house.

We have been working on the entryway. Part of it, behind the mirror is painted off white and we left the
paneling. While I was away in Louisiana, hubby removed the paneling that was on the wall you are facing and put up wallboard. The next picture is the middle picture. So, I have the before picture and the not quite done picture. He has put a great texture on the wall and it is being painted and then will be rag painted. I will take a picture of it when done and the pictures etc are back in place. Actually, this is a close up, so you can see the texture.
Do you like my yarn? It is my handspun and I thought it would look great in front of the new wall. I don't know what I will knit with it yet, but someday the finished project will be on here. Keep watching. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Way cool! I'll bet that brightens up that area!

Deborah said...

Hey! I love the photo of Mini-D and JoJo.