Saturday, October 6, 2007

Texas Motor Speedway


One of the great things about living in the Dallas, Texas. area is being able to either attend races at the Texas Motor Speedway or take the class and actually race a NASCAR. Many years ago, I was able to do that and it was a very exciting experience. I have an internet friend, who has a son and he absolutely loves NASCAR and racing.

When I go to my daughter's home, I get to pass this wonderful racetrack. So, I took these pictures for him and for anyone else that might like to see the Texas Motor Speedway empty and getting ready for the Dickies NASCAR race that will be here in November. This is the sign at the main entrance, out by I-35.

This is what you see as you come into the racetrack under the sign, that is above. It is the small track.






This is the condo area. People can own them and rent them. You can actually watch a race from them.
Next you see the race track. I had to back up a bit to try to get the whole thing in the photo. And I didn't get the far end on the right into the photo.

I hope you enjoyed my little tour of the Texas Motor Speedway, below is what you see when you leave.


1 comment:

Deborah said...

Yo, Speedy! I remember that photo of you beside the race car.