Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hats are popping up all over


Last week, when I drove to my daughter's home, I went to take pictures of the new hats that I have designed and knitted and to visit with her. This hat is a vintage lace style and has a carnation style flower on it. I loved making it. I knitted it in the round on one circular needle. Then I created the flower. C looks absolutely lovely in it, but I am a predjudiced Gramma. :)
The other hats that I made were of a pie theme.
Here N, is wearing my Blueberry Pie with whipped cream. Doesn't she look great too, sporting her favorite color, blue? The flower is the same as the Vintage Hat, but double the size, giving it the look of a pile of whipped cream. I also did a Cherry Pie and Pumpkin pie.
I think the girls did a great job modeling for me. As you can tell by N's shirt, it was hot outside and they humored Gramma by modeling WINTER hats in 90+ degree weather.
At the moment the hats are listed for sale on ebay.

No comments: