Monday, October 29, 2007

A New Felted Project


I absolutely love knitting with the Ashford Tekapo yarn. It felts greats everytime I use it and want it to felt. Well, I guess it would felt great, if I didn't want it to felt and threw it into the washer with hot water. LOL! But, as of yet, I have not done that. Anyway, it does felt wonderfully. It is a soft yarn, made from the Corriedale sheep, so I can knit sweaters etc with it too. Down here in TX we get into carrying our water everywhere we go. Sometimes, I wonder why as a Mom I took the time to train my children to get off the bottle, when now we carry them around 24/7. Haha! A friend of mine, asked me to make a felted bottle cover for her son's lunch box, for work. You see, if you don't have an insulated bottle for your water here, you can make a "cup o' tea" with your bottled water during the summer. Well, of course, the pattern I had wouldn't fit his bottle, so I created a pattern and made the cover and it worked pretty well. I liked it. Because he loves the Dallas Cowboys, I made it blue.
I had to take a picture of my sheep, Summer, too. Hubby knows that I love sheep and, one time when he was in Family Christian Stores, he found a display of sheep. He bought me Summer and Sandy. Sandy is a little camera shy, so I did't force her to take her picture.
We are having wonderful weather now. Fall temps have arrived! Actually one morning last week, our low was 35F. But, it warmed up to the mid-70's. We usually do have a big fluctuation of temperatures here.

No comments: