Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Day After

Here we are in north central Texas, the day after the snow and the primaries, March 5, 2008. We have survived both. But, take a close look at this picture. Notice the snow is gone! AND notice Jeff sitting on the step in his shorts and tank top. Heehee! When I said I was going to take a "day after picture, he said, "Oh, wait, let me get into the picture." He ran upstairs and donned his SUMMER clothes. Mind you, at 70F a guy doesn't mind shorts, but I want you to know that I was wearing jeans, wool socks, a long sleeve T-shirt and my Crocs(shoes). I had although, taken off my handspun wool sweater.

I want you to know, that this pine tree, which is in an island in the street across from my house, tried to eat a kittie cat this morning. LOL! The girls and I were walking past it, for the second time, and two of us kept hearing a meowing sound. Stopping and turning, we all heard it. By the time we found her, she was up on the bottom limb, looking down at us so pitifully. We had almost passed her by, but her crying turned to screaming, which made me turn. Kittie, was up in that tree about 12 feet from the ground. She didn't want to jump, truthfully, I don't blame her. She was facing the side of the tree where there were no more branches, so we were able to get her turned around and there was one lower branch on that side, she is a smart Kittie. Two of us went off to get Jeff's ladder, knowing by the time we did that she would jump. And of course, her mommy, being one of us walkers, did get her down, before we even found the ladder. She was able to coax her to walk to the end of the branch, where she could reach her. Note to self: must find out where the ladder is being stored. It moved, sinced I last used it. :) Well, anyway, Kittie had followed her mommy about that far on the walk, and mommy didn't realize it, and apparently had gotten scared up into the tree. She is not usually a wandering kittie, so she had a nice cuddly ride home in mommy's arms. A happy end, and the tree is in time out, for treating the kittie like that.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I wouldn't have been surprised to see a picture of Dad out in shorts in the snow :)

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Bad tree! Shame, shame!!

LOL...I'm glad the little kitten was okay ;D

Loved your story,
Hugs, Cary