Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Look What I Have!

Isn't this a great scarf?! It was handknit by my friend Deb. She used to live near me in TX. But, she left a few years ago, for points north. Really far north, Minnesota, to be exact. She made this great scarf for me at Christmas and I am really late in getting it on the blog. She also gave me the Disney book. What fun to look in there and see lots of great project ideas. Then my birthday came in January. It is a special friend that remembers a January birthday, several weeks after Christmas. But, she did and the Knitted Babes Book arrived at my house. I am so excited to make some of these. I need to start collecting the supplies for them.

On the family front, our trees are blooming and it was to be around 80 today. Yup! Twenty days ago I posted about snow. (see below). And we are hot today. Weather in north TX doesn't have a usual, except hot in the summer. If you don't like it, wait a day. As a matter of fact, the weather will be cooling off this weekend. (Good, it is only March.)

I will be gardening in pots again this year. I still have not worked up the courage to have a garden spot, where the copperhead snakes may be lurking. So, I have planted some tomatoes and a bunch of herbs in pots on the deck. I also found some blueberry plants that are supposed to grow well in TX, so I have them in pots too. The directions said they would be OK, in container gardening.

If you are curious, the pool temperature is 56F. So, we won't be swimming for a while yet.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I know two little girls who would love to play with a Knitted Babe at Grandma's house :)

Nice scarf, too!

Joanne said...

Hahaha! I guess, I better make at least two of them. LOL! Gotta get you knitting too. (like you don't have enough you make)