Thursday, March 27, 2008

Knitting Tools?

OK, now some of you are probably wondering if I have lost it. Maybe. (LOL!) I went to the local hardware store and purchased my own caulking gun, caulk and grouting tool.

Yes, this does mean that I now have caulk, a caulking gun and a grouting tool as tools amongst my knitting tools. Turns out they are very handy tools for us knitters and crocheters to have around. When you make slippers or slippers socks, you can use the silicone caulking to make the bottoms non-slip and more durable. Not only that, but the cost isn't sky high either. You can buy caulking in colors, but I have used clear here.

These are my Mom's socks. I had hand spun the yarn and hand knit the socks years ago. They are bulky socks, good for snow boots. Well, Mom was thinking that it would be nice to be able to use them in the house without her shoes. So, I volunteered to put the coating on the bottom so she won't slip on her wonderful wood floors.

If you are interested in doing this to your socks or
slippers, here is a link for you. http://allbuttonedup.wordpress.com/2007/09/18/making-slippers-non-slip/

No comments: